The ICT Agency of Sri Lanka more commonly referred to as ICTA is the source for all Information and Communication Technology for the Government in Sri Lanka. The Private Sector Development program of ICTA is responsible for funding country pavilions at CEBIT Sydney in 2011, 2012, 2013 and Gartner Symposium and Exhibition, Gold Coast in 2013 and 2014. A total of 12 Business Networking meetings has been carried out Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane by ICTA during 2011 – 2014.
In addition, the Sri Lankan IT and BPM Sector has continuously engaged with the Australian Market since the year 2011. ICTA’s involvement has been a crucial component for providing a total of 57 IT and BPM companies to expand their market into Australia. ICTA also provides a 5 month comprehensive training to prepare the delegations for the mission. The participants were able to improve their market entry/ development strategy along with their marketing collaterals as a result of the learning..
As such, the 7th consecutive Business Mission to Australia took place from the 26th – 30th October 2015.
The Mission Schedule was as follows:
- 26th of October 2015: Sri Lanka Business Networking Meeting in Sydney – 5.30 pm at Waterfront Restaurant, 27 Circular Quay West, the Rocks, NSW 2000
- 27th – 29th October 2015: Sri Lanka Pavilion at Gartner Symposium and Exhibition Gold Coast at the Gold Coast Convention Center
- 29th of October 2015: Sri Lanka Business Networking Meeting in Brisbane – 5.30 pm, Sofitel Brisbane
- 30th of October 2015: Sri Lanka Business Networking Meeting in Melbourne – 5.30 pm, Melbourne Marriott
A total of 13 Companies and their delegates attended these meetings. These companies were:
- Arimac: a disruptive startup with the core vision to deliver an unmatched gamification experience.
- Ceylon Linux: a premier Linux and Open Source solutions provider in Sri Lanka.
- eIMSky: a company that leverages cutting edge technology to help businesses increase productivity and profitability, enhance time savings and elevate operational standards.
- Eyepax IT Consulting: employing 100+ employees, this is a company offering Agile web and mobile development services with a 10 year proven track record and lasting customer relationships with government administrations, first-tier companies and leading educational institutions.
- FIDA Global: a rapidly growing innovative company that is a leader among the Human Resource Management Systems (HRIS) providers in the world
- H-Connect: an ISO 27001:2013 certified Finance and Accounting services provider
- Orion City: with 550,000 sq ft of developed space and 6000 personnel working out of the Park, it is home to global players including Virtusa, Pearsons, WNS and SriLankan Airlines
- PayMedia Private Limited: a Multi-Utility Company operating globally focusing on providing custom based solutions for Banking, finance, and telecommunication domains
- Softcodeit Solutions: a leading Software Development Center specializing in delivering a range of services for the global marketplace including Offshore Dedicated Teams, Outsourced Software Development, Mobile App Development, E-commerce Solutions and Data Analytic Services.
- tekMAZ: a Software Development Centre specialising in Software Development, Product Development, Dedicated Teams and Mobile Solutions.
- Tellida: an award winning, boutique Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm. Tellida manages Finance and Accounting, Legal Process Outsourcing, Remote IT Support and Contact Centre Services operations for clients in the UK, Norway, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- Totalamber: an internationally recognised Business Systems Integrator with offices in Sri Lanka, UK, Canada, the Philippines and the UAE. Totalamber has helped over 800 clients in 40 countries to successfully Enhance, Upgrade, Rollout, Support and Replace their Enterprise Resource Planning systems through bespoke tools and methodologies.
- WinSYS Networks (Pvt) Ltd: a premier training and consultancy company for networking, network security, and internet technologies in Sri Lanka. Having trained over 19,500 ICT professionals, WinSYHS has a reputation as a professional organization of very high integrity.
8 of the above companies exhibited their products and services under the Sri Lankan IT-BPM Destination Banner at the Gartner Symposium and Exhibition held in Gold Coast Australia.
Gartner is known to attract a distinguished C-Level participation for the Symposium who will be looking at innovative solutions to meet their business challenges. Sri Lanka will be exhibited its products head to head with some of the world’s best technology companies such as Infosys, Accresta, Airwatch, CATechnologies, NTTCommunications etc.