It’s day 02 of Infotel, Sri Lanka’s largest ICT exhibition and trade fair. Every year companies and retailers set up their stalls to showcase their stuff – and as always with these events you get a fair handful of great deals. Hutch‘s kindly supplied us with mobile Internet, so we got to walk around, speak to some of the exhibitors and retail representatives to see what they have to offer this year.
Walking around the hall we see salespeople handing out vouchers three-a-piece containing a) 20% off on any 9 pack of donuts courtesy of GoNuts b) a 15% discount when purchasing items from Brands Warehouse and c) a 20% discount from Arabian Knights. While these have absolutely no relevance to IT, they seem to appeal to the crowd. More Donuts, please. Let’s begin.
- The folk at DB Automation start off by asking your name which they then enter into a PC and proceed to print out a plastic card that incorporates a 5% discount for the cardholder from DB Automation (Pvt) Ltd.
- Finco Technologies who deal with NEC seem to be promoting an unusual item; the Versapro type VZ 12.1” touchscreen tablet. It’s powered by an somewhat outdated Intel Celeron processor with 2GB of RAM. It also comes with Windows 7 Professional; in Japanese, installed on an SSD. Somewhat redundant.
- Next we have Saraa, who have an offer on Laptop bags including one of genuine leather made in Sri Lanka and another that apparently has support for up to 500 various attachments aimed at military purposes. If you want to kill somebody, you might want to invest in one of these. They are also offering a 10% discount for university students.
- Redline Technologies is also on the list. They’re offering a 5% discount Gigabyte laptops, 10% discount on all FSP power supplies and various other discounts for graphics cards and gaming peripherals.
- Sala Enterprises has discounts on all of their items – ranging from electronic dictionaries to keyboards and everything in between.
- East Link Engineering Company is also offering discounts – albeit in a slightly different method: they’re asking those interested to call 2505090 to get their discounts
- MAT international has an interesting piece of tech; an IR scanner that receives touch point from a regular white board which then sends the signal to a PC via USB. Useful for having interactice presentations and tutorials. Discount can be discussed by calling 0773170955
- Evolve Technologies (Pvt) Ltd is offering a discount on their F-secure virus guard solutions. F-Secure is a security company based in Finland. Their products compete with the likes of Avira, Kaspersky, McAfee, and Panda Security.
- Sense Micro Distributors is offering a discount of LKR 1500 for the Creative Muvo 2. Usually priced at LKR 13000, the device can be purchased from their stall for LKR 11500. They are also offering a discount for select Genius Racing Wheel models where the item can be purchased for LKR 11000 instead of its regular retail price of LKR 13000.
- Ceylon Business Appliances is offering a 10% discount on all products. They also have a cashless vending machine that issues items via a code sent to your mobile by means of a text message.
- Avast offers discounts for their Antivirus and Movie security software. The Avast Antivirus for PC is priced at LKR 1250, Avast Mobile Security and Antivirus is priced at LKR 750 and LKR 1800 for a combo pack of both.
- NCBT is offering up to a 50% discount for all who enrol in their programmes by visiting them at the exhibition.
Any of these interest you? We think the NCBT offer is particularly good. 50% off is a lot of money on anything.