Startup Sri Lanka. Heard of it? Well if you haven’t then this is the time to learn about it. A project by Slasscom to help identify and promote startups in Sri Lanka, Startup Sri Lanka will be hosting Disrupt 2.0.
The aim of this event is to inspire and mentor up and coming startups. Events like this can help enable the startups to take it to the next level and will be beneficial towards the success of the ventures.
Working around the theme of ‘Inspire, Ideate, Initiate and Disrupt’, the event will take place on the 9th of December from 4 pm onwards at Trace Expert City.
Just as yourself the following questions.
- Is your market buzz non-existent or negative?
- Is your Cash flow killing you?
- Are you frustrated over constant change?
- Are you struggling with partnership decisions?
- Having hard time hiring?
- Are you losing focus?
- Are you obsessed with funding?
- Are you getting distracted by feedback?
- You worry you do not have the right Co-Founder?
- Are you struggling with your cap table?
If your answer to these questions is “Yes”, then Disrupt 2.0 can help you find answers to all of these questions.
The aim of the boot camp session planned for Disrupt 2.0, and each mentor is to help you find answers to your questions from those who have been there done that. At Disrupt 2.0 boot camp, the Startups can also get qualitative feedback from the relevant subject experts to further improve their products. These sessions will polish the rough edges and make these budding entrepreneurs’ investor-ready.
Given below is a list of speakers for the event
- Harsha Purasinghe — Founder/CEO, Microimage
- Suren Pinto — CEO, Wavenet and Founder and CEO, Wifyer
- Mangala Karunaratne — CEO, Calcey Technologies
- Chandika Jayasundera — CEO, Cinergix
- Shahani Markus — Chairperson and CEO, Capaxus Ltd
- Ruwindhu Pieris, Investor/Managing Director of Stax
- Dr. Michael Nirmal De Silva — Country Manager, Regus
- Jeevan Gnanam — CEO, Orion City and Founding Director, Lankan Angel Network
- Dr. Prasad Samarasinghe — MD, Lanka Bell
- Sudath Perera — Senior Partner, Sudath Perera Associates
- Naresh Abeyesekera — CEO, Secquero
- Channa Manoharan — Advisory Leader/COO, PwC
- Dilendra Wimalasekere — VP Marketing, WSO2
- Dinesh Sapramadu — Founder and CEO, hSenid Group
- Nayana Samaranayake — Founder, Storylize
- Haridhu Abeygoonaratne — COO, SimCentric Technologies
The schedule for Disrupt 2.0 would be as follows:
- 4PM – 6PM: Boot camp – For the pre-selected startups only. It should be noted that Microsoft will be granting BizSpark access to all participants. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to register for Startup Bootcamp session.
- 6PM – 7.30PM: To the public – Inspirational Talks by Hemachandra Wegapitiya of Laugfs and Tony Weerasinghe of Millennium IT
- 7.30PM Onwards: Networking with Food and drinks.
We at ReadMe will be there too catching words of wisdom and clicking away some frames.
We hope to see you all there.