The Galaxy S8 Battery Won’t Explode, Says Samsung

159

With the to-be flagship Galaxy S8 tethering on the brink of being released, Samsung is clearly not going to play with fire.

There’s no denying it. Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 was to be the flagship to rule them all. Then it blew up in their faces, literally. What could have been a device to end all devices, rather decided to end itself.

The cause of death was determined as a fault in the architecture of the battery and the once powerful Samsung was forced to bury one of their own. The Galaxy Note 7 was put to rest with the promise that no other Samsung phone would have to endure what the Note 7 went through.

Samsung is keeping their word with the Galaxy S8

According to a report, Samsung will keep a majority of the battery manufacturing process in-house in their factories. The components that cannot be produced by Samsung will be outsourced to an experienced company in Japan.

Galaxy S8
What the Samsung Galaxy S8 may look like

According to the report, supply of the batteries for the Galaxy S8 will be from two parties. The first being from Samsung’s own in-house battery supplier, making up 80% of the supply. The remaining 20% of the supply will be from Murata Manufacturing in Japan. Murata Manufacturing possesses ownership of the factory used to manufacture batteries for Sony, which Murata took over in 2016.

There were rumors that one of Samsung’s rivals, LG Chem would be supplying the other batteries rather than Murata. Now it appears that rumor too has been put to rest.

Samsung is rumored to show off a sneak peek of the much awaited Galaxy S8 at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) happening this month with a full launch supposedly happening in late March.

If the rumors are true, the Galaxy S8 will come in two variants of displays, one with a 5.8” display priced at around $850USD and a 6.2” display priced at$959USD. They are both rumored to be powered by either Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 835 chip or Samsung’s own Exynos 8895 backed up by 6GB of LPDDR4 RAM.

These look quite legit for the flagship and the March launch also means that Samsung has sufficient time to work out the last minute details and to also ensure that things don’t backfire like the last time.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here