IdeaBash is back!
For those of you that don’t know what IdeaBash is, it’s quite simple. IdeaBash is an event organized by Dialog Ideamart. Dialog Ideamart is an ecosystem of developers, non-developers, entrepreneurs, investors and tech evangelists, fundamentally based on a platform which has exposed telco (telecommunication) based APIs for the public to create their own telco API based applications.
In addition, Ideamart also maintains a strong developer community and a developer relations program across Sri Lanka. Initially a product at Dialog in 2012, by 2015 Ideamart was recognized as the World’s Best Technology Enabler at the 20th Global Mobile Awards successfully managing to outperform other telco giants across the world.
Held annually, the concept behind IdeaBash is to retrospect Ideamart’s journey so far, share learnings and Ideamart developer success stories, announce the latest Ideamart technological advancements available for developers, provide opportunity for young Sri Lankan talent, food for thought on how to get started with your own ideas and of course, finally not forgetting to have fun.
This year, Ideamart will be hosting its’ 3rd annual IdeaBash titled “IdeaBash 2015” revolving around the Internet of Things. The event will be held at Dialog Future World Arcade (No: 528, R A De Mel Mawatha, Colombo) on Saturday 6th June 2015. Those expected to attend this event consist mainly of:
- Ideamart Community Members
- Non Developers
- IT professionals
- University Students
- Other invitees from technological field
The agenda for the event will be as follows:
- Welcome Speech – Venura Mendis, Head – Product Service Innovation, Dialog Axiata PLC
- Ideamart : The Journey So far and what’s next? – Roshanth Gardiarachchi, Product Manager – Ideamart Services, Dialog Axiata PLC
- Apptizer – Balathasan Sayanthan, Chief Business Development Officer, Hsenid Mobile
- Power of Mobile Connect – Geethan Samarawickrama, Assistant Manager – Product Service Innovation, Dialog Axiata PLC
- IOT for Cool People – Sachith Perera, Technical Architect, 99xTechnology
- Smart Building and Smart Sprinkler – Undergraduates from University of Moratuwa
- Enterprise IoT Enablement – Heshan Perera – Tech Lead – Zone24X7
- Solve IT : while enjoying the food
- Prize Giving. Best Tweet, Best Selfie and Solve IT
- Vote of Thanks – Kasun Withanarachchi, Senior Executive – Product Service Innovation, Dialog Axiata PLC.
- Group Photo
As of now, registrations for the event are closed and the selected participants have been informed about the event details. If you are one of the lucky few chosen for this event, then you should also make a note of the official hashtag for this year’s IdeaBash which is #IdeaBash2015.
And guess who’s digital media partners for it? Yep, you guessed it, Us! *inserts celebratory victory dance here*