INET Colombo 2015, the largest Internet event in Sri Lanka will be held on 9th June 2015 at The Kingsbury, Colombo.
The event, organized by the Internet Society Sri Lanka Chapter, is sponsored by Sri Lanka Telecom PLC (Platinum sponsor), Dialog Axiata PLC (Anniversary Main Sponsor) amd ICT Agency of Sri Lanka (National Partner). In addition, the event is co-organised by ISoc, LK Domain Registry, University of Moratuwa and LEARN.
Speaking of which, we are also proud to announce that ReadMe will be the Digital Media Partner for INET 2015.
The event will feature a series of presentations by experts in the field who are renowned internationally on the subject of the Internet and its related knowledge areas.
- Prof. Kilnam Chon – A pioneer of the Internet in Asia.
- Prof. Kanchana Kanchanasut – Brought the Internet to Thailand.
- Prof. Mohan Munasinghe – An IT pioneer in Sri Lanka.
- Raúl Echeberría – An internet pioneer in the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- Prof. Abhaya Induruwa – A pioneer in academic and research based initiatives in the deployment of Internet in Sri Lanka.
- Prof. Saman Amarasinghe – A professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
In addition, several other foreign and local speakers will also make presentations throughout the conference.
INET Colombo 2015 will be held in four sessions.
- History, Evolution and Growth of Internet and IT
- Opportunities and Issues of Internet Development and Governance
- Promising a better Future, building the environment
- Internet and IT Innovation panel discussion, headed by Prof. Saman Amarasinghe. This session will focus on internet-based applications as opposed to software packages as the way forward.
Prof. Gihan Dias, President of the Internet Society, Sri Lanka Chapter explained how this is a unique opportunity for Sri Lankans to attend a conference of this nature, and that they encourage all interested parties to register.
In order to register for INET Colombo 2015, all you have to do is visit http://isoc.lk/inet2015/. Limited spaces are available at the main site (Kingsbury Hotel), although remote hubs will be set up in several locations throughout the island, including Kandy and Jaffna, with a total participation of about 1000 individuals.
We hope to see you there.