Barely a week ago, the Android Police reported that Motorola had begun testing an OTA update for Lollipop for the Moto X 2014 edition. Now, the company page officially lists updates for both the 2014 Moto G and the 2014 Moto X. Moto X Pure Edition users who signed up for the test rollout will be the first to receive the Lollipop.
Who, what and when will be updated next?
- The Nexus’s top dog. Nexus users, despite the rumours, seem to be getting the update today.
- While dates are unclear, LG G3 users in Poland are expected to get Lollipop within the week, while the G2 should be updated next year. The LG G3 Stylus, G Flex, G2 Mini and LG G Pad 8.3 are expected to follow suit.
- A leaked schedule from XDA developer LlabTooFer leads us to expect the Play Editions of One M7 and the One M8 tol be updated in late December. The normal versions should be running Android L within three months. The rest – the Desire Eye, Butterfly 2, and older devices are expected to get the new version between March and May.
- The Motorola E, G 4G KTE, Droid Ultra, Doid Maxx and Droid Mini will getting Lollipop.
- Samsung has officially announced that the Galaxy S5 will get the update first, followed by the Note 4, Note 3, S5 Mini, S4 and the Note Edge. Dates have yet to be announced.
- Thus far, Sony remains the only manufacturer who’s given the public a straight word on the subject: “We’re bringing Android 5.0; Lollipop to the entire Xperia Z series”, they announced on a post on their official blog. The Xperia Z3 and the Z2 are expected to be the first to get the update, somewhere in January.