Recently, Uber, the taxi hailing app launched the ‘Schedule a Ride’ feature for its riders in Colombo. A service requested from riders around the world. Especially from business travelers who use Uber rides for important meetings, appointments, trips to airports and stations, etc., this new feature offers a lot more reliability and convenience. With this feature, Riders can schedule an uberGO for as little as 15 minutes to as many as 30 days in advance.
Given the increasing demand for this feature from business travelers, Uber would give priority access to riders who have Business Profiles or are linked to their company’s Uber for Business account. In case you’re lost, Uber for Business (U4B), is Uber’s ride management platform built for companies big and small, gives employees safe, reliable, and easy to expense rides globally. With the launch of ‘schedule a ride’, Uber for Business customers now have the choice to plan every aspect of their business travel well in advance. If you’re interested in signing up for Uber for Business, you can click here and enroll now.
How can you schedule an uberGO:
- Select uberGO (scheduled rides is currently available only on uberGO) and tap “Schedule a Ride.”
- Set your pickup date, time, location, and destination.
- Confirm the details of your upcoming trip and tap “Schedule uberGO”. You can cancel at any time before your ride is on the way.
- We’ll send you reminders both 24 hours and 30 minutes in advance of your pickup. You’ll be notified after your ride is on the way, as well as whether dynamic pricing applies.
- Currently scheduled rides are only available on uberGO and you can pay through your credit cards, debit cards and even cash!
Uber’s standard cancellation policy applies to Scheduled Rides as well. Riders can cancel their Scheduled Ride anytime without penalty before the driver is en-route to their pick up. Scheduled rides are no different for the drivers as well. However, for Colombo, ride scheduling isn’t exactly a new feature. PickMe has had this feature since September last year. Nonetheless, it’s a step in the right direction and if you have a preference for Uber, you’ll probably find this very helpful.