SL2College, a volunteer driven nonprofit organization that provides unbiased advice and guidance to Sri Lankan students to pursue their higher education will be hosting its first annual conference, SL2College Voices 2013, to provide an unbiased platform for students and parents to gain information on higher education options in Sri Lanka and worldwide.
Date: 25th of August, 2013
Venue: Professor V. K. Samaranayake Auditorium, School of Computing, University of Colombo
Time: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
The panel of speakers consists of distinguished academics and highly accomplished individuals who are willing to share their success stories, and are committed to motivating students and acting as mentors who can provide a guiding hand to pursue different career paths.
- Dian Gomez (Group Director, MAS holdings)
- Sanjiva Weerawarna (CEO, WSO2)
- Prof. Arjuna Aluwihare (Emeritus Professor of Surgery, University of Peradeniya)
- Prof. Ajith De Alwis (Professor of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Moratuwa)
- Arj Wignaraja (Founder and Managing Director, Remote Sensing Metrics Asia)
- Dr. Sujatha Gamage (Education Specialist at Lirneasia)
- Charitha Ratwatte (Chief Manager – Sustainability, Dialog Axiata PLC)
- Asanga Abeygoonasekara (Executive Director, Lakshman Kadiragamar Institute)
- Arun Dias Bandaranaike (Professional Broadcaster and TV Presenter)
In addition to these distinguished speakers, several educational organizations representing countries around the world will be participating to discuss the various options for undergraduate education available in their respective countries/regions.
- US-Sri Lanka Fulbright Commission
- British Council
- The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Australian Trade Commission (Austrade)
SL2College invites anyone interested in exploring and making informed decisions about their future academic and career paths to attend this conference.
Limited space available so register today. (a registration fee of Rs. 200 from students and Rs. 400 from other attendees will be charged; registration fee will include lunch).