The Colombo Camps Community (the same people who gave us the the Software Product Engineering Conference and the Colombo Agile Conference) are working on the Colombo UX Conference 2015.
Slated to be held on 19 March 2015 at the BMICH’s Committee Room A, it aims to create an open platform to invoke inspiration and innovation among the country’s vibrant IT community.
The event will feature speakers from varying industries and backgrounds, who will touch upon a number of topics relating to User Experience in software engineering, from the very foundation of the subject right up to the end user and everything in-between.
The speakers include:
- Cinergix/Creately Co-Founder and CEO Chandika Jayasundara
- AOD International Design Campus and Sri Lanka Design Festival Founder / Managing Director Linda Speldewinde
- 99X Technology UX Architect Rasika Mahindasiri
- ReadMe.lk Editor Yudhanjaya Wijeratne
- 99X Technology Technology Manager Hasith Yaggahavita
- AOD International Design Campus Programme Head of Visual Communication Alain Parizeau
- Anything.lk’s Former Head Of Production Adnan Issadeen
- .. and 99X Technology UX Lead Hasanga Abeyratne.
User Experience (or UX, as it is more commonly known), is imperative in the sphere of software engineering, but isn’t talked about enough. The UX Conference is basically a larger kindred spirit to the various small UX Colombo meetups that have happened over the past year. It’s geared towards UX designers, UI designers, business analysts, IT professionals, sales and marketing associates, quality assurance engineers, tech entrepreneurs, students, and basically anyone else who has any interest in building any program that will end up being used by someone other than themselves.
Tickets are priced at Rs. 4,500 for the full-day event – for more information on the event and purchasing of tickets, visit www.colombouxconference.com.